Nigerian-British filmmaker, Nkiru Jenn is the director behind Beyonce’s award-winning, Brown Pores and skin Video.
Brown Pores and skin Lady gained the ‘Greatest Music Video’ on the 2021 Grammys that held on Sunday, March 14.
Listed below are some information to know her.
1. Nkiru was born and raised in Peckham, South London.
2. She began making brief movies in her teenagers at age 15, her first fee made with the BBC, and the Tate advised the story of an alien dropped on earth.
3. She left London at 20 to check movie directing at Howard College in Washington DC.
4. In 2014, she made En Vogue, an experimental high-energy brief movie about New York’s Voguing and Ballroom underground sub-culture.
5. In 2017, her second movie, ‘Rebirth Is Mandatory’; a dreamlike artwork movie centered on the magic and dynamism of Blackness previous, current, and future. The movie went on to win the Canal + award on the Clermont Ferrand Movie Competition, Greatest Documentary on the London Unbiased Movie Competition, and nominee of the 2018 greatest brief movie award at Sheffield Worldwide Documentary Movie Competition and likewise the 2018 Voice of a Lady award at Cannes.
6. In 2018, Nkiru was the second unit director of Ricky Saiz’s music video for Beyoncé and Jay-Z, “Apeshit” which acquired 8 nominations on the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards.
7. She was named one of many 200 girls redefining the artistic business by The Dots in 2018.
8. Nkiru has now labored on three initiatives with Beyonce together with an Ivy Park marketing campaign for Adidas and, most lately, “Black is King”.
9. She was the one lady director exterior of Beyoncé on the ‘Black Is King’ venture.
10. Nkiru’s 2019 documentary, “Black to Techno” facilities on the origins of techno music in Detroit’s black group within the Eighties.
The put up 10 Things To Know About Jenn Nkiru, The Nigerian-British Director Of Beyonce’s Award-Winning“Brown Skin Girl” Video appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.