Frejon (Beans and Coconut milk Pudding) is a meal of Brazilian origins and the parable is that Nigerians who got here again house from Brazil and have been principally Yoruba Catholics launched it to us.
This distinctive Easter delicacy made with Beans, Coconut Milk, and a few spices is often eaten by a choice of Christians, principally Yoruba Catholics. It’s typically eaten on Good Friday as a result of dairy meals and meat are usually not speculated to be eaten on Good Friday.
-1/2 cup of BLACK beans (Brown beans can serve as a substitute)
-1 cup of coconut milk
-1/4 teaspoon of sugar
-1/4 teaspoon of ginger
-1/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
-Salt to style (non-obligatory)
How To Put together
1. In a pot, place your washed beans and produce to boil on medium warmth. Add 3 cups of water to the beans so it boils until it’s very delicate, nearly a mushy texture.
2. After it cools down a bit, switch it right into a meals processor. Mix with half of the coconut milk till easy then run it by means of an iron mesh sieve.
3. Pour the combination again within the pot and place it on the range.
4. Stir within the remaining coconut milk, together with the sugar, pepper, and a few salt to style. (Don’t over-season. You need to have the ability to style the coconut flavour).
5. Season with sugar, seasoning dice, ginger and garlic.
6. Cook dinner slowly on low warmth and ensure to stir the pudding often whereas it’s cooking in an effort to stop it from burning and forming lumps.
7. When the soup reaches your required consistency, put aside and serve with fish stew and garri.
The submit Recipe: How To Prepare The Easter Delicacy, Frejon appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.