10 Key Details To Know About Malaria

0
72

[ad_1]

10 Key Details To Know About Malaria malaria key factsWorld Malaria Day is noticed yearly on April 25 goals to carry world consideration to the efforts being made to carry an finish to malaria thereby encouraging stakeholders to take motion.

It additionally goals to maintain malaria excessive on the political agenda, mobilize further sources, and empower communities.

The theme of World Malaria Day 2021 is “Reaching the zero malaria goal.”

Listed here are some keys details about malaria.

1. Malaria is the third main reason for loss of life for kids below 5 years worldwide, after
pneumonia and diarrhea.

2. Malaria impacts 3.3 billion individuals or half of the world’s inhabitants, in 106 nations and territories.

3. It’s the 2nd main reason for loss of life from infectious ailments in Africa, after HIV/AIDS.

4. Nearly 1 out of 5 deaths of kids below 5 in  Africa is because of malaria.

5. Nigeria, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Ethiopia, and Uganda account for practically 50% of the worldwide malaria deaths

6. It’s a main public well being downside in Nigeria the place it accounts for extra instances and deaths than some other nation on the planet.

7. Malaria is a threat for 97% of Nigeria’s inhabitants. The remaining 3% of the inhabitants lives within the malaria-free highlands.

8. There are an estimated 100 million malaria instances with over 300,000 deaths per 12 months in Nigeria. This
compares with 215,000 deaths per 12 months in Nigeria from HIV/AIDS.

9. Malaria contributes to an estimated 11% of maternal mortality in Nigeria.

10. Malaria is transmitted throughout Nigeria; 76 % of the inhabitants dwell in excessive transmission areas whereas 24 % of the inhabitants dwell in low transmission areas.

The publish 10 Key Facts To Know About Malaria appeared first on FabWoman | News, Style, Living Content For The Nigerian Woman.

[ad_2]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here