Victoria Kimani is a well-liked singer, songwriter, actress, and entertainer.
Popularly generally known as Cholocate Metropolis’s ‘First Girl’, she is at present the ‘third particular person within the beef between fellow singers, Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay.
Listed below are some info about her.
1. Victori Kimani was born on 28 July 1985 in Los Angeles, California however she originates from Kenya.
2. She lived in Benin Metropolis, Nigeria, for 2 years, the place her mother and father who have been pastors did missionary work.
3. She started singing on the age of 9 and at age 16, she started performing alongside different church choir members as a backup and wrote songs for others.
4. Kimani went to school and did back-ups for Mercy Myra on returning to stay in Kenya.
5. She later opted to drop out of faculty to totally pursue a profession in music.
6. Kimani shot into the limelight in 2010 when she carried out a remix of Ice Prince’s hit single “Oleku“.
7. She was the primary feminine artist signed by Nigeria’s music label Chocolate Metropolis in 2012.
8. She launched her first single in March 2013. She adopted it up with the second single ‘Present’ in 2014.
9. Kimani has a number of mixtapes which embrace Oya, Heaven, Hate Me, Open Up Your Coronary heart, F.U.M.F, Do What You Need and Fre.
10. She and seven African feminine musicians, Cobhams Asuquo, and a staff of One Marketing campaign workers met in Johannesburg to create “Robust Lady” on Could 13, 2015.
11. Kimani was in a relationship along with her Chocolate Metropolis label mate, Ice Prince for 2 years. The pair additionally launched a romantic single collectively titled ‘Loving You’ in 2015.
12. She made her performing debut in a Nigerian film in 2015 titled ‘7 Inch Curve’.
13. She launched her debut album Safari in 2016, which collaborated with stars throughout Africa: Sarkodie, Khuli Chana, Jesse Jagz, Phyno, and Ice Prince.
14. She has been nominated for a number of music awards a few of which embrace
- Most Gifted Newcomer Video for ‘Mtoto’ and Most Gifted R&B Video for ‘Oya’ on the Channel O Music Video Awards in 2013
- Greatest Feminine Artist (East Africa) on the Africa Musik Journal Awards in 2014.
15. Kimani shaded Tiwa Savage within the #FVCKChallenge began by Kiss Daniel in 2019. Within the video made by the singer, the road ‘Grandma African dangerous woman’ references a line from her hit track ‘Malo‘ with Wizkid.