With all the craze for online shopping across the country, I am surprised every day by the number of fake brands being sold online. For example, a friend of mine recently bought a fake Gucci watch online.
While some sellers are scammers who offer bargains on Gucci watches by claiming that the watches are genuine; People are simply blown away by the price tags.
If someone decides to buy Gucci, it’s definitely because of the brand. Some people don’t mind spending big bucks to add a little luxury to their wardrobe, but it’s pretty heartbreaking to see young shoppers get ripped off from time to time.
So this post is to help fellow shoppers identify fake Gucci watches.
How to spot a fake Gucci watch.
The luxury brand Gucci, launched in 1921, is still one of the world’s leading watchmakers. In general, they produce three types of watches: quartz, automatic and bracelet.
Among all other brands, Gucci is the most popular brand today. Counterfeit Gucci watches may seem authentic enough, but has Cheap mechanisms, has no value, and also illegal.
If you’re thinking about giving your spouse a Gucci watch, look for red flags indicating if it’s a fake.
Gucci watches – real or fake
- Check the watch face before you buy it. The real parts are always precise, perfectly placed and equal in number. Fake pieces, on the other hand, can have odd spaces and always vary in size.
- Check the seconds and minute hands. The brand has always used a sleek Swiss quartz movement. Hand movements on the fake will tick or stick.
- The motto “Swiss-made” of the original is always at the bottom center of the face, below the 6 o’clock position.
- Now just turn the clock. Most authentic works have the model number displayed on the back. And if you only see a crest or crest with Gucci’s name on it, it’s definitely a fake.
You will never find a genuine item without additional markings along with the crest.
- Another difference is that replica crests are usually larger than the one on real watches.
- Just feel the weight of the item you want to buy. Genuine parts are made of heavy materials such as stainless steel or gold, while imitation models will likely be lighter.
- Check the connection. Authentic number links are made of metal, whereas replicas always have hollow joints.
Fake Gucci watch.
- If you are not sure about the authenticity of the shop you are buying, it is better to go to a well-known shop. Don’t be tempted by the tempting prices. It’s good to compare prices, but if you see a huge difference in the prices of Gucci watches, then a few things are going on.
- Look for the original image on the watch. The clearer the picture, the more confident you will be. Images must be in high resolution, which makes it easier to check for details. Just leave the webshop if you’re not sure about the image.
- Last but not least – If you are buying a used Gucci watch, check your proof of purchase. Gucci watches come with a certificate of authenticity. Check the serial number. You can check the serial number at the nearest store to verify its authenticity.
You can visit their official website to learn more about the brand.